SUMMER SCHOOL 2012 – The Victoria Worsfold Griffiths Bursary
Trinity Laban Summer School 16 – 27 July 2012 offers an opportunity to experience intensive dance training of the highest quality in our state-of-the-art facilities whilst meeting new friends from all over the world. This year, as the 2012 Olympic Games, comes to London, you will be a part of this historic event as Trinity Laban hosts the torch relay launch at our building in South East London on Mon 23 July . Our opening ceremony party on Fri 27 July, will have a big screen linked to the live event itself, bringing you close to the action.
The Victoria Worsfold Griffiths Bursary has been set up to enable a student to participate in the Laban Summer School to develop their career and further studies in dance.
The bursary is £1000 to cover the attendance on the summer school course and towards expenses for one participant.
Laban will award the full amount of the gift as the Victoria Worsfold Griffiths Bursary to a student applying to the Laban Summer School who, in the opinion of the Head of Education and Community Development and the Laban Sc holarships Committee meets the selection criteria.
The successful applicant must:
• Be working as a dance teacher in UK schools, youth or community settings
• Demonstrate an interest in and commitment to contemporary dance practice
• Provide a statement of financial need
• Provide a strong and coherent rationale as to how attendance at the Laban Summer School would further their professional development
• In addition, the successful applicant would be expected to provide a short report by 1 September in the year of the summer school as to how attendance at the Laban Summer School supported their professional development.
To Apply: Applications should be made by letter including a statement of financial need / rationale to confirm how Summer School would further Professional Development.
Please address applications to: Veronica Jobbins Head of Professional and Community Development, Laban, Creekside, London SE8 3DZ.
Deadline for applications is Friday 15 June 2012.