Orchesis Dance Group presents Dance Motif ‘2013’
Each year we showcase our dancers and choregraphers in a dazzling concert called Dance Motif.
- Features modern and jazz choreography by local dance artists, emerging student choreographers and a professional guest choreographer whose participation is made possible by support from the Alberta Foundation for the Arts
- Performance details:
- Friday, January 25 and Saturday, January 26, 2013
- Myer Horowitz Theatre, Students’ Union Building
- 8:00 p.m. both evenings
- Tickets: $15 in advance, $18 at the door
- may be purchased starting December 7, 2012 at the Activity Registration Zone, Room W-79, Van Vliet Centre from 0900 – 1700 each week day
- from Orchesis dancers until the day of the performance
- at Motif’s ticket table in the Students’ Union Building from January 21- 24, 2013
This year’s show features Guest Choreographer Kathleen Hughes
About Ms. Hughes
Kathleen Hughes is originally from Edmonton, Alberta, and began with ballet training at a very early age, and was later introduced to Modern while attending the dance program at Grant McEwan College. Kathleen then completed her studies at The School of the Toronto Dance Theatre. Since 1995, she has worked with Canadian dance artists such as Patricia Beatty, Bill Coleman, Terill McGuire, Graham McKelvie, Naoko Murakoshi, Elizabeth Chitty, and Nicole Fougere.
In 1999, Kathleen co-founded a dance collective called The Aurora Dance Community under the mentorship of Patricia Beatty (Co-founder Toronto Dance Theatre, Member of the Order of Canada). She extensively produced, choreographed, and performed for this professional collective for five years.
In 2005 Kathleen co-founded and became the co-artistic director of Niagara Dance Company, during which point she had an eventful career teaching professional level classes, choreographing and co–producing bi-annual performances. Currently, Kathleen has come full circle and is working out of her home town to create Kathleen Hughes Dance Production.
Orchesis acknowledges a recent grant from the Alberta Foundation for the Arts in support of our guest choreographer project.